Any ATV or off-road motorcycle operated on ice, designated trails, or an OHV park must have a current registration decal displayed on the machine. Registration is not required for ATVs being used for agricultural purposes.
The documentation necessary to register and title a Snowmobile, ATV, ORM, UTV, OR ORV:
- Application form filled out and signed by the buyer
- New –Manufacturer’s Statement of Origin (MSO or MCO) and Bill of sale proving sales tax has been paid.
- Used- Bill of Sale - signed by the seller and notarized and current registration signed over.
- If not previously registered or titled: Affidavit for Unregistered vehicle signed by the seller and notarized and inspected by a peace officer and signed.
- Title – if the vessel was previously titled - signed by the seller.
- ATV Reference Guide
- Iowa Department of Natural Resources
Affidavit & Applications
- Affidavit for Unregistered or Untitled ATVs-Boats-Snowmobiles-ORVs
- Application for ATVs-Boats-Snowmobiles-ORVs