An owner of an off-road utility vehicle (ORV) may register or title an ORV in order to legally operate the ORV on public ice, a designated riding area, or a designated riding trail. Registration is not required for ORVs being used for agricultural purposes.
Documentation necessary to register and title a snowmobile, ATV, ORM, OMV, ORV, or UTV:
- Application form filled out and signed by the buyer.
- New – Manufacturer’s Statement of Origin (MSO or MCO).
- Used – Bill of Sale - signed by the seller and notarized and current registration signed over.
- If not previously registered or titled: Affidavit for Unregistered vehicle signed by the seller and notarized and inspected by a peace officer and signed.
- Title – if the vessel was previously titled - signed by the seller.
Affidavit & Applications
- Affidavit for Unregistered or Untitled ATVs-Boats-Snowmobiles-ORVs
- Application for ATVs-Boats-Snowmobiles-ORVs