Explore County

ORV's, ORM's, UTV's

An owner of an off-road utility vehicle (ORV) may register or title an ORV in order to legally operate the ORV on public ice, a designated riding area, or a designated riding trail. Registration is not required for ORVs being used for agricultural purposes.

Documentation necessary to register and title a snowmobile, ATV, ORM, OMV, ORV, or UTV:

  1. Application form filled out and signed by the buyer.
  2. New – Manufacturer’s Statement of Origin (MSO or MCO).
  3. Used – Bill of Sale - signed by the seller and notarized and current registration signed over.
  4. If not previously registered or titled: Affidavit for Unregistered vehicle signed by the seller and notarized and inspected by a peace officer and signed.
  5. Title – if the vessel was previously titled - signed by the seller.

Additional Information

Affidavit & Applications

Bill of Sale

Contact Information

Shelby County Courthouse
612 Court Street
Harlan, Iowa 51537